بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Note: You will find more options there on the top right corner, inshaAllaah.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beard

Assalam-o-Alaikum!
You must have read the previous ahdith that I sent about growing beards. I am discussing beard again because I forgot to state that growing beard is a wajib. I have attached a pdf document regarding the growing of beard. You can download a lectures by Sulaiman Moola regarding this topic from the following link:
Here is a hadith that I picked out from the document.
Abu Hurayrah " reported that the ruler of Yemen,
appointed by the Persian emperor Kisra, sent two envoys
to the Messenger !. When they came into his presence,
he noticed that they had shaved their beards and let
their moustaches grow big. Hating their ugly appearance,
he turned his face away and said,

“Woe be to you, who told you to do so?” They replied:
“Our lord (Kisra) did!”

The Messenger ! responded: “But my Lord, exalted and
glorified be He, has commanded me to spare my beard
and trim my moustaches.”
[Recorded by Ibn Jarir at-Tabari, Ibn
Sa’d, and Ibn Bishran. Verified to be hasan (good) by al-Albani (Fiqh
us-Sirah by al-Ghazali p. 359)]

Get my updates delivered into your inbox :

Click here to Subscribe news feed from "IslamicB", so that you do not miss out anything that can be valuable to you !!

3 comments:

s.syed said...

AA Imad!
Masha Allah i really like your blog! Keep up the good work.

I have a few links that I think you should add maybe :

-True Happiness : By Sh. Yasir Qadi
-Crossing - The Day of Judgement : By Sh. Saeed Rageah

WS

Imad-ud-din Saqib said...

Thanks. I'll try to include it in the downloads section.

Imad-ud-din Saqib said...

Thanks. I'll try to include it in the downloads section.

Post a Comment

Categories